[HOW TO] install Geary on Fedora 22 | Geary is having issues

I am using fedora 22 and I am really fed up with Thunderbird. On Linux there are a few Mail Client alternatives to the Thunderbird email client. But I still did not like.

Until now, Geary is an interesting beast. It looks like a beautiful girl to write an email.

I'm fairly confident that you will like it.

On personally social page, I wrote as above. But the fact it runs unstable. It looks like it need more dependencies packages and I did not know that.

One hour ago, I feel uncomfortable with it. What the fuck! I need to fix it. I go to Geary home page https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Geary and download source.

Extract it, I read INSTALL memo. Good, exactly the same thing I thought. Afterward I followed this instruction and get the good result. Geary is running stable.

As a habit, I think you will need it. It is a reason to write down.

1. Firstly, building Geary requires Vala 0.22.1 or higher with a full GObject introspection repository, intltool, cmake, desktop-file-validate, and xml2po. Thus you must install vala:
$ sudo yum install vala

2. You also install the rest of the build dependencies for Geary in any version of Fedora by running this command:

$ sudo yum install gobject-introspection-devel intltool cmake desktop-file-utils gnome-doc-utils libcanberra-devel libgee-devel glib2-devel gmime-devel gtk3-devel libnotify-devel sqlite-devel unique3-devel webkitgtk3-devel libsecret-devel libxml2-devel vala-tools gcr-devel

3. Combine
Go to Geary directory, follows:
$./configure$sudu make$sudo make install

By default, Geary will install under /usr/local.  The configure script can customize the prefix directory.  Run ./configure --help for instructions and other installation options. In some case, you will install cmake if any. Please install to continue.

If you have any issues, please contact me.

Thank you for reading this article, please a comment if you are interested.

Tiến Phan - R0039

Knowledge is Endless

Sharing for Success


0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment