[HOW TO] sharing tab missing in Folder Properties

A few day ago, I had a issues with Windows 10. Sharing tab missing in Folder Properties and Context Menu.

Account Assistant told me she want to create a folder share. Finance's software partner need it to install finance software. Easy, I think so. But, unluckily when I team-viewer. I don't see Sharing tab in Folder Properties and Context Menu.

What's going on?

It looks like Sharing services didn't start automatically. 
So I go to check Network Discovery and Configure Sharing Options, no problem at here. 

Next, 

  1. I go to check "Server" and "Security Accounts Manager" in service.msc. 
  2. Now scroll down and look for Server and Security Accounts Manager services. 
  3. Double-click on both services one by one and make sure "Automatic" is selected in Startup type drop-down box. 
  4. Also right-click on the service and select Start option to immediately start the service.

And really good, I see Sharing tab in Filder Properties without any problem.

And I also know other solution to fix this issues. You use regedit, 

  1. Go to following key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa. 
  2. In right-side pane, double-click on forceguest DWORD and set its value to 0. 
  3. Finally, you open run box and type gpupdate to force restart Local Group Policy.

It should fix the problem.

Thank you for reading this article, please a comment if you are interested.

Tiến Phan - R0039

Knowledge is Endless

Sharing for Success

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment