[HOW TO] install brightness indicator in Elementary OS/ Ubuntu/ Kubuntu/ Xubuntu

I had a great time in coffee shop yesterday evening.

That is the first time I came here. It looks like warm coffee shop with a blue windows, the small light, small chair, table and a lot of best singer.

I have to turn on laptop, but the brightness of laptop is very high. It is not suitable here. I am a polite man lol. So I need to slow down the brightness of laptop. But Elementary installed on Xiaomi Notebook can not do this. Bullshit!

Ok, it makes sense. So google to know. I see the first google's result. It show me how to install brightness indicator in Ubuntu 14.10. Nice, Elementary is a part of Ubuntu/ Debian OS.

Now I'm writing here to share for you:
apt install software-properties-common
add-apt-repository ppa:indicator-brightness/ppa
apt-get install indicator-brightness

Once installed, I can adjust brightness. But it is not suitable for me. Because I need to use mouse to move brightness icon on task-bar to change the valuable number. I don't like this.

So I have a question: how to add custom shortcut to control Screen Brightness. It makes sense. 
Nice, I found it. Start the Applications menu, System Setting, Keyboard.


Click the button (+) to add custom keyboard BRIGHTNESS UP
command:
/opt/extras.ubuntu.com/indicator-brightness/indicator-brightness-adjust --up
short-key: press what key you want to assign to Brightness up

Click the button (+) to add custom keyboard BRIGHTNESS DOWN
command:
/opt/extras.ubuntu.com/indicator-brightness/indicator-brightness-adjust --down
short-key: press what key you want to assign to Brightness down

Now I am a king of brightness of laptop. I totally control with short-key. UP or DOWN is second action as superman lol.

UP and DOWN also make me remember to 3 IDIOTS film. That I really love. In this film, actor told teacher about machine, simple definition of machine: machine is up/ down automatically.

In the end, I'm listening music :)) enjoy the last time of afternoon.

See ya,

Thank you for reading this article, please a comment if you are interested.

Tiến Phan - R0039

Knowledge is Endless

Sharing for Success

  

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment