[HOW TO] install Google Talk (Google Talk Plugin) in Ubuntu

I have an account Google Talk. Now I want to use it at My Company.

My Company blocks Google Talk and other instant messages. They only allow locally instant messages. But I don't want, I want to use Google Talk to contact, chat with my friends, talk them about work, technical, knowledge, life.

I don't life in a box.

I'm googling about Google Talk on Ubuntu installation.

Here a result,

To get started, press Ctrl - Alt - T (or right click, choose: terminal) on your keyboard to open Terminal. When it opens, run the command to add Google Apps repository key as below:

root@November-ain:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# wget -q -O - https://dl-ssl.google.com/linux/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add -

To create a repository file:
root@November-ain:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
root@November-ain:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# vi google_list.list

Then copy and paste the line into the file google_list.list and save it
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/talkplugin/deb/ stable main

Finally, run the command to update your system
root@November-ain:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# apt-get update

And
root@November-ain:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# apt-get install google-talkplugin

That's it,




Thank you for reading this article, please a comment if you are interested.
Tiến Phan - R0039
Knowledge is Endless
Sharing for Success

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment