[HOW TO] fix Required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing on WIndows 7

Today I come back to Windows. A new Quality Control staff is going to join our company in the next week. And I have to prepare the laptop for her.

In front of me is two laptops. One is Lenovo Thinkpad X220, the best laptop in my experience. Another is Dell Latitude E5250.

With Thinkpad X220, I have to clean up, and upgrade to Windows 10 as is her want. (She works in Marketing department). Microsoft doesn't support to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 by Windows Update service. Luckily I can upgrade by Microsoft Download Tool. It looks like that Microsoft always want to have more Windows's user. So they didn't tight policy.

With Dell Latitude E5250, I don't have lucky. It notifier "Required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing Windows 7". So I couldn't continue. What is going on?

I follow the keyword "driver" and "missing", Windows installation couldn't see Laptop's disk. Hence I need to import Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) RAID Driver. Because it is missing SATA driver. I have only download f6lpy-x86.zip for Windows 32bit and f6lpy-x64.zip for Windows 64bit at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22194

And I import them to Windows Installation USB. Input USB back to Laptop. Windows 7 Installation looks good.

I hope this article help you to save time.

Thank you for reading this article, please a comment if you are interested.

Tiến Phan - R0039

Knowledge is Endless

Sharing for Success

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment