[HOW TO] sharing tab missing in Folder Properties

A few day ago, I had a issues with Windows 10. Sharing tab missing in Folder Properties and Context Menu.

Account Assistant told me she want to create a folder share. Finance's software partner need it to install finance software. Easy, I think so. But, unluckily when I team-viewer. I don't see Sharing tab in Folder Properties and Context Menu.

What's going on?

It looks like Sharing services didn't start automatically. 
So I go to check Network Discovery and Configure Sharing Options, no problem at here. 

Next, 

  1. I go to check "Server" and "Security Accounts Manager" in service.msc. 
  2. Now scroll down and look for Server and Security Accounts Manager services. 
  3. Double-click on both services one by one and make sure "Automatic" is selected in Startup type drop-down box. 
  4. Also right-click on the service and select Start option to immediately start the service.

And really good, I see Sharing tab in Filder Properties without any problem.

And I also know other solution to fix this issues. You use regedit, 

  1. Go to following key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
  2. In right-side pane, double-click on forceguest DWORD and set its value to 0
  3. Finally, you open run box and type gpupdate to force restart Local Group Policy.

It should fix the problem.

Thank you for reading this article, please a comment if you are interested.

Tiến Phan - R0039

Knowledge is Endless

Sharing for Success

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment