[HOW TO] Solving “The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem” Windows Update error



Today at work I had to restore over 50 computers from disk image (made with Norton/Symantec Ghost). All computers but one restored successfully. One computer had a bit different hardware so we need to update drivers for it manually. First place I look for device drivers is Windows Updates therefore I’ve tried to run it (BTW, the computer I’m talking about was running Windows XP SP3). The problem was that when I had pressed either “Custom” or “Express”, Windows Update page showed me the following error with the error code 0xC80003FA:


The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

Just to be sure the problem is computer specific and not comes from network or image, I’ve tried to run Windows Update on couple other computers restored from the same image. Everything was working fine here, so I was sure the problem is with this specific computer.

After searching for a while I’ve found out that the problem in most cases might happen because of corrupted Windows Update files and reinstalling Windows Update Agent should solve the problem. So that’s what I’ve done:

I’ve downloaded newest version of Windows Update Agent for Windows XP (32-bit): http://download.windowsupdate.com/WindowsUpdate/redist/standalone/7.4.7600.226/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe

I’ve stopped Windows Automatic Update Service (net stop wuauserv)

I’ve stopped Background Intelligent Transfer Service (net stop bits)

I’ve ran Windows Update Agent setup: WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce /norestart

Ran net start wuauserv just to be sure Windows Automatic Update Service is started (actually it was started already by Windows Update Agent setup)

I’ve started Background Intelligent Transfer Service (net start bits)

After doing all steps above I’ve tried to run Windows Update and this time it worked correctly. Though the problem was solved I still think that this computer might have problems in the future with it’s HDD since Windows Update corruption after clean image restore is very likely to happen because of HDD problems.


Source: http://blog.dabasinskas.net/solving-the-website-has-encountered-a-problem-and-cannot-display-the-page-you-are-trying-to-view-the-options-provided-below-might-help-you-solve-the-problem-windows-update-error/

TienPT - R0039

0 nhận xét:

Post a Comment